Monday, June 4, 2007

less tired

Well, I woke up today feeling much better than the previous two days. I even went to school today ... for longer than I had planned.

Many of the kids were very excited to see me. I got many hugs and many questions. One student, who I have built up a rapport with, wouldn't come too close and wouldn't talk to me, but she listened to everyone's questions and my answers. She looked angry. I was sorry I couldn't do anything else for her.

I explained to them that I would not be here at the beginning of the year but I would be back and we'd start to play as soon as I got back. They seemed to be OK with that. We'll see how it plays out in real life.

Teachers were happy to see me. It was interesting to notice who noticed that I looked tired and who said I looked great (though maybe those who said I looked great expected me to look worse...?). I didn't talk to much of anyone for very long.

I took a good solid nap when I got home, and another one later. I definitely have more energy today than yesterday, and I ate much better today, too.

My mom and dad are coming out on Wednesday, the 13th, in the evening and staying through Sunday morning, the 17th. We'll see how that goes...

That's all the news from here, I think. All-in-all, it was a good day :)

No comments: