Thursday, June 21, 2007

I can smell dust

This is an interesting little thing. Well, interesting to me :-D

I am taking neutropenic precautions today, because according to the schedule, I should have low white cell counts. Now, I had a shot last Friday that is supposed to last 10 days that should help those little dudes build up, but it's the first time I've had this kind of shot, so I don't know if it's working. I had bloodwork this morning, so I'll know soon whether or not I need to take precautions. (Here's to hoping the counts are high enough — if they're not, it means another shot this afternoon or tomorrow or both.)

Anyway, when I ventured out of my safe little house today to get the bloodwork done, I wore a face mask. It helps keep out stuff that should stay out. (I did this last cycle, too.)

When I got home and took it off, I could smell dust. (This happened before, too.) It really is kind of amazing to me. I guess it means the mask is working, at least to block out the dust :) (now I'm sneezing, but that should stop soon).

That was all.

No comments: