Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I still have muscles!

I decided last night before going to sleep that I was going to do a little bit of exercise today here at home. I figure that a little is better than nothing, even if I am much weaker than I was. It should help with self-esteem, too, as I feel so squishy, even as my weight drops...

As it turns out, I still have some muscles! I can still do pushups! I fully expected not to be able to do more than 2 or 3, but I easily did two sets of 10 and could have kept going! I think I'll do some more when I get off the computer, and add some other things, too.

(My blood is too thin - they called today and told me not to take the coumadin today - so I'm slightly apprehensive about what the ramifications of that are, as far as getting blood pumping and inadvertent bruising. But I don't have any bruises outside of needle pokes, and I haven't had bloody noses or anything, so I should be fine to do some exercise.)

I think I will buy some exercise things to use here at home (bands, ball, disc, maybe heavier dumbbells (I have up to 5 lbs.) and use them on days when I'm feeling decent. ("Decent" is most days at this point — just not the few after a treatment.) They'll still be usable after all this nonsense is done, too. My grandmom had little bicycle pedals that she could use in a regular chair. I might look into those, too.

Woo-hoo! What a surge!

No comments: