Monday, November 26, 2007

first day back at work

This isn't treatment-related, but I thought I'd share anyway :)

I had my first day back at work today, and it was everything I expected:

- I got lots of hugs and hello waves from kids

- I began my day by collecting all of the dentist's stuff on the stage and taking it to the office

- I got lots of hugs from staff

- I spent all day moving furniture, unpacking, hanging things ... and I have many days' worth of the same left to do

- there was no paper in the copier

- the principal and I had a short chat, and she seemed genuinely concerned about my general well-being.... OK, that doesn't fall under the "expected" column, but it sure was nice

- the big cabinets that I requested in March to be removed are still there

- I got three bell kits, a tenor sax, and a bari sax :-)

It was a good day. It didn't wear me out. Tomorrow, I'm doing some instrument demonstrations for classes, passing out the forms to sign up, helping with a 7/8 elective class. Should be good :)

No comments: