Sunday, January 9, 2011

results continue to be good

I had another check-up with my oncologist yesterday.

At this point, I have bloodwork and a chest x-ray before each visit. As has been the norm, they were both fine.

He said that the first two years were when it was most likely to recur, and I'm way past that (it was three years in November). "Every day that you go without cancer makes it less likely that it will come back."

Another day down!

Five years is considered "cured." I'm more than half-way there!

He also commended me for being composed throughout treatment and thanked me for not calling him on a regular basis. (I'm pretty sure I never called at all...) Kinda makes me wonder what other folks are like.

Anyway, it was a short, easy visit, as they have turned out to be. And my checkups have been moved to every six months. Hooray!

Hopefully that means there won't be any new posts here until June...

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm very pleased for you. Well done.

Michelle said...

Hang in there. I'm a 22 year cancer survivor! I was 28 when I was diagnosed. My story is in a book I've co-authored with my 2 friends, Choosing to Smile. www.choosingtosmile.com

breast cancer therapy said...

Nice to know that your treatment results showed normal. My best wishes and prayers for you all the time.
Nice sharing and keep posting.