Tuesday, May 29, 2007

waiting ... waiting ... anxious

Tuesday morning, the day after Memorial Day. I am still in the hospital - no weekend retreat for me.

I am supposed to find out the exact results of the biopsy today. The pulmonologist on call yesterday said I am scheduled to start chemo today, that it's in my chart.

I don't know what to expect and I have quite a bit of anxiety about it.

Funny thing is, I mostly am dreading more punctures and pokes and needles. The bruises on my arms and hands are going away - I haven't had a blood draw in two days and my IV came out yesterday.

I've heard I'll probably get a port or a main line (can explain later, if you want), which are both things they stick in there and leave there until the treatments are done.

Are they for a good cause? Absolutely! But that doesn't really make me want one. Weird, I know, but that's where I'm at right now.

Many people came to visit yesterday which was super nice. It was really great to visit and hang out and just socialize for a little while.

That's the gist for here and now. Here's to hope: that this is as benign as possible, that it doesn't hurt too much ;), and that treatment is efficient and effective. More as I know it...

No comments: