Thursday, March 19, 2009

random people passing through - edited

I started this blog way back when, to share what was going on with anyone interested (family, friends, acquaintances) without them needing to call and ask or try to ferret things out through the grapevine.

I had no idea so many people I don't know would find it, whether by accident, looking for help, looking for answers.

I get 20-50 hits a week from people looking for information about PICC lines. My post with the picture of my PICC is one of the top returns in Google images. Crazy, no? I sometimes think I should go to that post and modify it to give more information on PICC lines, getting them, taking care of them. Haven't done it, not sure if I will, but it's still a possibility.

I have had this blog linked on three other cancer blogs that I know of and I have some readers through there. (Those are here, here, and here if you're interested.) It's also listed in the i[2]y list of cancer blogs.

Editing to add that I just saw that I've been listed as one of the top 30 inspirational cancer blogs here.

I have this blog in my profile in different places online, and other users have clicked through.

I have no idea how much of it anyone reads at this point. I'm always curious.

I have received multiple messages from people who were just diagnosed themselves or are close to someone who was just diagnosed, asking for advice and help in what to do, in how to deal. I do my best to share the most useful things I learned along the way and hope that it helps.

So to everyone who passes through (well, except the people who just look at the PICC pic, since they'll never read this post):

hello :)

I hope you have found what you were looking for. Feel free to drop me a line.

5 comments:

Miss Melanoma said...

Hey there,
Just wanted to thank you for the post on my blog. I check in on you, too, and I really enjoy your blog. It was random to find a link to me amongst yours, too. Small world, huh?
One day we'll get off this cancer bus and on to a party bus, and ride that b*#$% till the wheels fall off. :)

yellowfish said...

I just want to say hi! I found you because I had a picc line this summer (and thank you for posting the pictures, it is impossible to find a real non-cartoon picture of that, and it really helped me feel less anxious to know what it looked like). I actually was inspired by one of your commenters to post on my own blog trying to get someone to make cuter picc line covers (http://yellowfishblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/unfilled-market-calling-all-crafters.html).

Anyways, thanks for posting it. And, even though thats how I found you, I still come back and check in!

~Nancy~ said...

hi!
I was diagnosed with HL back in Nov. 2008. I was doing good so far until 2 days ago I had a PET scan after I finished my chemo and it showed that I still had the mass in me. that is when sadness and depression and loss of hope attacked me all at once. I went online searching for some articles and I was shocked to stumble upon so many blogs of people with cancer and several people who have been through HL. I started reading your blog and I could relate to so much in it. I am 25 years old.
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story and to let you know that reading yoru blog restored some of my hope. in fact, I think I'm going to start my own blog to share my story and hopefully encourage others in the future.

Daria said...

You have no profile posted ... or at least I don't see it ... I don't know if you are a he or a she.

Anyways, we'll follow along and find out.

All the best.

Heat said...

I should have a profile posted ... either way, I'm a she :-)