Sunday, July 20, 2008

it's been a year :) and other misc tidbits

Well, it's been a year since my first negative PET scan :) The docs are counting time from when chemo ended, which isn't for another several months, but I'm celebrating from the first sign of no cancer!!

One year down, 65 to go ;)

Also, I've been working out regularly, sometimes with a trainer. While it's frustrating that I'm not nearly as strong as I used to be, it feels good to exercise hard. I'm grateful to be back in that routine.

I have gotten together about 100 pages of my cancer book. I still have a lot to go (I wonder if it will be too long?!?), but it's been fun and interesting to work on it!

And last, if you see a Summer 2008 copy of "Spirit of Women" magazine, look inside — there is an article about me in there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather:
I am a classmate of your dad's and an active PITA member of the SJHS Reunion committee. I remember vividly the concern your dad expressed when he announced you had cancer. I also remember the fear and uncertainty in your mother's eyes and the blank expression of helplessness knowing you were miles apart. Your dad forwarded me a copy of your recent article in the Spirit of Women magazine. I would loved to have been a fly on the wall as your mom and dad saw your infectious smile featured in the article. My husband is also a 1 1/2 year Hodgkins person living with the disease. His recent PET scan was also negative. While he is 29 years older than you, the dreaded "C" word can be very "C"hallenging. Obviously you have directed your personal challenge in a positive direction. You go Girl!!! Your decision to continue your journey with profound enthusiasm, hope, and respect for life is
"C"ontagious. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family often. Our wish for you....Dance the night away!!!
Fondly and respectfully,
Charleen and Bob