Saturday, April 19, 2008

book project

I’ve decided to try to put together a book about my cancer experience, mostly comprised of my e-mail updates and blog entries. I thought it might be interesting to include things from you, my followers, supporters, cheering section, caretakers.

I have a few thoughts/questions:

If my experience has somehow changed your life, in any way that you’d like to define “change,” can you write about it? Or make an audio recording and send it to me?

If my experience has had an effect on someone I’m not aware of/in touch with, can you pass the above request on to them?

I saved all of the e-mails I received that had anything to do with what was going on, beginning the day I went to the doctor. Is it OK with you if I include text from yours (if applicable)? Do you want me to show you what I have first?

For all requests, I’m happy to maintain anonymity if you prefer. Let me know if I can use
1-your full info (TJ Bigman, husband)
2-your first name and relation to me (TJ, husband)
3-your relationship to me but no name (husband)
4-no potentially identifying info (an acquaintance)

If you’ve got nothing to say, well, then say nothing :)

Please e-mail or snail mail me by mid-June. (If there are a few that come in later, that’s OK, but I’d like to have this piece pretty well solidified before I start work again on July 28.)

Leave a comment if you need my contact info.

Many thanks in advance.

No comments: